My Super Productive Morning Routine

My Super Productive Morning Routine

Good morning my lovelies. Even though I’m not feeling 100% right now, I wanted to put out this post. I’m a big believer in how you start your morning can dictate how the rest of your day goes. So I wanted to share with you all my morning routine for a highly productive day.

My Morning Routine

Early Rise

I’m a late to bed, early to rise person. Which I know, means I’m not getting my full hours of sleep. However it’s a habit that I’ve had from since secondary school. So it’s hard to break even now. I love to start my days off early, no matter what, since I don’t like feeling rushed in the morning. Since I’m used to it, I wake up anywhere between 6:30am and 7am.

Affirmations

I do my morning stretch and begin my affirmations. I actually have some morning affirmations here that you can use. It’s always good to have some positivity in the morning. And what better way than to affirm yourself to greatness? Then I drink one cup of water, because the night before has most likely left me feeling dehydrated and sluggish. Then I go and freshen up and take a shower. I hate starting my day frousy (as we say it over here).

I then start my breakfast, which is simple at best and I look to review my to-do list for the day. I like to do this in order to get a proper idea of what needs to be done for the day. The list is usually made the night before, so I like to see if I need to update it or not.

Checking Email

I move to my computer where the bulk of my work is done. I’m a freelancer, so I tend to work from home on most days unless I’m going to my tutoring job. I start by checking my emails and reply to any necessary ones. I hate an overly cluttered inbox and I have four inboxes that I regularly use. Two personal, one business and one for my blog. Actually I have a lot more but these are the ones which hold importance.

I then head over to my blog and make sure my newest post of the day is ready to be pushed out. In which case I then schedule it, and my tweets for the day if the queue ends up being empty. And I go in and answer any comments from the night before.

my super productive morning routine - naomi 'n doll

Work Work Work

When everything is to my liking, I start on some projects that I have to do for my freelance work. If it’s a day where I’m doing tutoring, I pack my back with all my required items. Since my tutoring days can have me out for about 10 hours max. Crazy I know, but I honestly love tutoring. So it’s worth it. And I usually start my work on normal days anytime from 9am – 10am. And on days with the tutoring, it’s more depending on the people that I work for so it can be anytime from 10am to 12pm.

Now I’m going to talk about some parts in my routine in specifics.

Cleanliness is My Everything

Since I like on a tropical island, it’s usually very sunny, very hot. So no matter what, I take a bath the next morning. I use this time in the morning to also do some light pampering. Which means facial cleansing, massaging my face and if I have the time, I may even wash my hair. I’d eventually like to do a post on what I use on my skin for you guys.

Breakfast

When I was younger, I always had a habit of skipping over breakfast. I think it was because my mom also does this. But I realised I can’t start my day right without something in my tummy. My breakfast usually isn’t anything fancy and is dependent on what’s in the house. It could be eggs, cereal, hot dogs, etc. But I’m trying to add more fruits into my breakfast. You know, trying to get my health game strong.

Outfit

I try to dress comfortable yet presentable on days I’m staying home. This is because I feel like what I wear actually plays a part in my overall productivity. If I dress like a total slouch, I’m gonna be a bit more laid back and shirk some of the things that I have to do. Another reason for this is that I sometimes have to make a trip down to the post office. And I hate leaving the house looking bummy unless I’m just going my neighbor.

And that’s my morning routine. I hope you enjoyed it and maybe it helped inspired you in some way.

21 Comments

1. 2017-01-04 / 8:38 pm

Love this!! I also wake up early every day 🙂 But, I also go to bed early haha! Mornings are usually my most productive time of day. Thanks for sharing your routine!!

2. jiselle jones
    2017-01-04 / 9:48 pm

I love that you make a list the night before, I find when I do this I am at my most productive I get knowing what I am going to do and do it as opposed to just getting up aimless and letting the day just happen!

3. 2017-01-04 / 9:56 pm

Good suggestions, I need to be more productive in the morning with my routine. It’s all about rushing out, but I should take the time to catch my breath. Great Post!

Jade |https://budgetsandweights.com/

4. 2017-01-05 / 1:06 am

Such a great routine!! I work from home part time and have def noticed when I dress terrible, I don’t work as hard. I totally correlate my lack of dressing well to a lack of motivation. I love breakfast, but I don’t really like mornings. I am totally adopting that to do list!

5. Hannah
    2017-01-05 / 3:13 am

I am an early person too. I usually do my housework in the morning and then work.

6. 2017-01-05 / 5:10 am

Awesome, your routine reminds me of Hal Elrod’s Miracle Morning 🙂 I’m currently setting up my own Miracle Morning routine – and the affirmations are definitely part of it! Thanks for sharing 🙂

7. 2017-01-05 / 8:44 am

With school starting for us next week, I’m ready to get back on my routine again. Thank you for the motivation!

8. stylishtravlr
    2017-01-05 / 9:00 am

Great routine .I have to get up early for work and so far I planned drink hot water with lemon, but I keep forgetting 😀 your morning seems so nice tho !

9. T. M. Brown
    2017-01-05 / 10:24 am

I absolutely love this and have a similar morning routine myself. I’m more of an early to bed, early to rise person (and still don’t get enough sleep for some reason), but I agree that rising early does seem to boost productivity. Thanks for sharing!

10. 2017-01-05 / 10:38 am

I love the list as well. This is also when I find I get the most done, otherwise, I go from one thing to another aimlessly or I spend too much time on one thing and get distracted. I also go to bed pretty late (2-3AM) as that’s when I get my work done because of my boys. I really do need to start getting more sleep though! 🙂

11. 2017-01-05 / 10:55 am

I think these are great ideas that allow you to ease into the morning while remaining productive. I will have to add a few of these to my morning routine!

• Chloe
      2017-01-06 / 3:00 pm

I’m so happy that I could help 🙂

12. yourorganizedlifewithdaria
    2017-01-05 / 12:12 pm

Great morning routine! I just blogged about mine as well. I drink a glass of detox water and do some stretches so we have a few things in common. Great idea to make your list the night before so you don’t go over and over it in your mind while you try and fall asleep!

• Chloe
      2017-01-06 / 2:59 pm

I definitely have to start on the detox water and yes stretching is so important, though I tend to forget to do it.

13. 2017-01-05 / 5:36 pm

This is very helpful ! I saved your post 🙂

• Chloe
      2017-01-06 / 2:55 pm

I’m glad that you enjoyed my post!

• Chloe
      2017-01-10 / 2:45 pm

It’s always nice to clean the clutter from the night before.