Those who have read my blog have heard me speak of affirmations before. Affirmations are positive statements that can change the way you live life. You can say your affirmations out loud or to yourself. My mother introduced me to the use of affirmations earlier in the year. Every morning that I woke up, she recited statements on the balcony, before beginning her day.
Affirmations however is not an easy habit to start. Especially if your mood is in a bad or negative place. It was troublesome for me to keep up the routine, thus I often forgot the task altogether. Nonetheless, I believe one should make the effort to form a routine and stick with their affirmations. They have many benefits that can improve your overall quality of living
Benefits of Affirmations
- The bring focus when you feel at a lost.
- Keeps you motivated.
- Aids in achieving goals
When to Say Affirmations
- During a regular activity (before leaving for work, at lunch, etc)
- Part of morning routine
- When tackling a challenging activity
25 Positive Affirmations
- I awaken in the morning feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day.
- I am a creative and unique individual.
- Every obstacle is a chance to grow.
- I will not harbor any negativity within me.
- I live in peace.
- Friends do not judge me, they approve of me and love me.
- I matter and I have a lot to offer this world.
- Darkness will not consume me, peace surrounds me.
- I breathe in calmness and breathe out nervousness.
- I have made an impact on the lives of everyone I interact with.
- Today is going to be a great day.
- I will not give up because I have not tried all possible ways.
- I am in total charge of my future.
- My life is flowing with happiness and love.
- I will follow my dreams no matter what.
- I only attract the best in my life.
- The world that surrounds me is filled with beauty and color.
- I am grateful to live another day.
- I deserve whatever good comes my way.
- My mind is brilliant and my soul is tranquil.
- I forgive those who harmed me in the past.
- I know my self-worth and no one can take it away from me.
- No obstacle is too big for me to overcome.
- I wake up everyday with peace and clarity.
- My life is always going to get better
Making It Work
Those are some of the affirmations that I say regularly now. In addition, I included some of my mother’s as well. They are all very general. Therefore, you can find any that relates to your situation and apply it.
For these statements to become affective, you have to say them on a daily basis. And you have to believe what you’re reading. Even if it’s a bit of hope in your heart. You have to start somewhere.
Do you all believe in affirmations? Do you have any of your own? Leave it in the comment below. I’d love to read some of them, and who knows they may help another lovely reader.